Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best thing about this dish is that it's flexible. Feel free to add cauliflower, zucchini, or other meats. I also like to add a little olive juice to the dressing. The number of servings varies a lot because this can be used as a side dish or main dish.
- 6 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces sliced salami, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄3 cup sliced pitted green olives
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Cook pasta using directions on package.
- Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, drain again.
- In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta, mozzarella, salami, broccoli, bell pepper, onions, olives, parsley, and Parmesan.
- For dressing, in a jar or other container with a lid, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, sugar, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Cover and shake well.
- Pour half of dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, add tomatoes and remainder of dressing.
- Toss gently.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan.