Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My own version of an Italian friend's pasta.
- 2 cups uncooked mostaccioli pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Put your pasta to cook according to package instructions.
- While it cooks, prepare your eggplant.
- Saute eggplant in the olive oil until soft, adding 1/2 c. water little by little
- Then add the pepper,tomato,onion,garlic and all the seasonings.
- Let it cook until vegetables are soft and you have a nice sauce.
- When the sauce thickens,drain the pasta and add it to the eggplant, folding it in, mixing well.
- Add the topping, toss and serve.