Recipe by AriMad
This recipe can be adapted in many ways to suit your taste. it's a great way to sneak in all kinds of vegetables. I find the lean ground beef and the turkey breast are a perfect combination, and it won't dry out because of all the moisture from the veggies!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded, small diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb 94% lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In medium saucepan saute onions, garlic and red pepper in olive oil over medium to medium high heat until cooked through. remove to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- 2. When above is cool, add all of the remaining ingredients together except for the marinara. mix with hands until all ingredients are combined. score with hand to form two equal sections. Pack each meat mixture into its own oiled loaf pan. if you do not have a loaf pan, form the meat mixtures into two loaf shapes on an oiled oven tray or baking dish. Top with the marinara making sure to spread evenly over the top.
- 3. Bake at 350 for approximately 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.