Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
Adapted from a recipe in Aus Super Food Ideas magazine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 (200 g) jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, rind grated
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 40 g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang on each side longwise.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and cook onion and garlic until soft. Allow to cool.
- Combine mince, pesto, 1 cup breadcrumbs, lemon rind, egg, half the onion mixture and peas in a large bowl. Mix well then spoon into loaf pan.
- Combine remaining breadcrumbs and onion mixture, parmesan and butter in a bowl. Spoon over meatloaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and cover top loosely with foil. Cook for a further 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then lift out and place on a serving plate.