Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes a lot! You can freeze 1/2 of them and toss the rest into a meatless version of my Grandma Shannon's Spaghetti Sauce (posted separately) and you'll have a delicious ensemble! These meatballs have the perfect blend of texture and savory spice. My husband and kids absolutely love them. Feel free to substitute ground turkey for the beef. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 3 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil (for browning meatballs)
- Combine all ingredients and knead together. Shape into 36-1" balls.
- Using a large fry pan over medium heat, brown meatballs equally on each side, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add to an already prepared large pot of spaghetti sauce and cook on a low simmer for 30-40 minutes. Test for doneness.
- If freezing a large amount, skip the last step of adding them to the sauce, and instead, bake them on a large baking sheet in a 375 F oven for 30 minutes, spaced 1/2" apart. Let cool. Drain any visible grease, cover with foil and flash freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet. After frozen, you can then place the meatballs in a Ziploc freezer bag to store in your freezer for up to 2 months.