Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, basic Italian style meatball recipe.
Make and share this Italian Style Meatball Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, blend with hands until combined.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Brown in a skillet with just enough of the olive oil so that meat balls do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, over medium high heat, bring spaghetti sauce to a simmer.
- Add meatballs. Bring to boil. Partially cover and simmer 25 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
Very easy & simple Italian Meatball recipe - perfect putting together quickly with every day ingredients. I made these meatballs for Quick and Easy Meatball Calzones, as I wanted to use homemade meatballs instead of frozen (I'm not a big fan of frozen meatballs).
This NEEDS another review... and I'm just going to say,<br/><br/>Best. [expletive]. Meatballs. Ever.<br/><br/>Make this.
Thanks to your review, NELady, I'm going to stop here and use this recipe. Time to stop looking around! Thanks !! Will stop by later and say how they worked for me :O)