Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Culinary in the Country.
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup marinara sauce, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, onion, parsley, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, salt, pepper and egg. Add ground beef and gently mix just until combined.
- Line a 8" x 4" loaf pan with plastic wrap. Scoop the meatloaf into the pan and gently press down to even it out. Use the plastic wrap to help turn the loaf out onto a broiler pan coated with nonstick spray. You could also free-form the loaf; I just found this method easier. Brush the remaining 1/2 cup sauce over top of meat loaf.
- Bake until a thermometer reads about 160 degrees, roughly 60 to 70 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.