Recipe by Ridgely
Comfort food! A layer of sundried tomato meat sauce with a incredible cheesey mashed potato topping. From Southern Living Magazine.
- 1 -2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jarragu sundried tomato and sweet basil pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jarragu parmesan and mozzarella pasta sauce
- 1 (22 ounce) package mashed potatoes, frozen*
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook first 4 ingredients in large skillet coated with cooking spray, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Drain well and pat dry with paper towels. Stir together beef mixture and tomato sauce. Spoon into 13 x 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions*.
- Stir together mashed potatoes and cheese sauce. Spread over beef mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- * can use left over mashed potatoes or even instant mashed potatoes prepared according to package directions.