Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 3 oz. steak and 1 cup potatoes. Per serving: 350 calories, 10.4 g fat, 28.7 g protein, 31.5 g carb, 5.2 g fiber, 77 mg cholesterol.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) package frozen hash browns with onions and peppers (Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (1 lb) boneless sirloin steak
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in 3/4 teaspoon salt, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and potatoes; cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are browned, stir occasionally.
- Remove from pan.
- While the potatoes are cooking: combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, fennel seed, and garlic in a mortar.
- Mash mixture into a paste using the pestle; rub mixture over steak.
- Heat a nonstick skillet that has been coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add steak; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Thinly slice steak; serve with potatoes.