Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in the Words Worth Eating Cookbook by Jacquelyn G. Legg. I've been making it for years and rarely make it the same way twice depending on what I have on hand. I usually add some fresh veggies and rice or macaroni. I also like to substitute sausage for some or all of the hamburger.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans minestrone soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- Brown hamburger and onion in a large soup pot or dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Serves 6-8.