Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Best results come from using a lean ground meat. Add a green salad and your favorite garlic bread and you have one delicious meal. NOTE: because of previous reviews I'm adding another 1/4 cup to the fine dry breadcrumbs.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce (your own or store bought)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley (to garnish)
- Mix together beef, water, seasoned salt, black pepper and parsley. Shape into 4 patties, about 3/4 in thick.
- Coat both sides of patties with flour. Dip into egg, then into crumbs. Brown quickly in hot oil on both sides in skillet.
- Arrange in shallow 1/1/2-quart baking dish. Put a slice of cheese on each patty.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over patties. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake at 400° for about 25 minute Garnish with parsley.
I made this for the September 2010 Aussie/Kiwi Swap. It was fast to put together and we tried it with 3 different cheeses: Mozzarella, Provolone and Pepper Jack. I also used Chef Hannath's "Sheri's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce". Scrumptious!
This was amazing. I sliced mozzarella and covered all the beef patties. I used my spaghetti sauce. And I didn't measure for the parmesan. 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs was enough. The seasoning in the patties were perfect for me. The sauce and the cheese added to the patties made this dish so wonderful. Thanks Julie. Made for ZWT4
This was very good! I used about 1/2 c of breadcrumbs, added some italian seasoning, but otherwise kept the recipe the same. It was a very quick and easy supper! Thanks for the great recipe!