Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Best results come from using a lean ground meat. Add a green salad and your favorite garlic bread and you have one delicious meal. NOTE: because of previous reviews I'm adding another 1/4 cup to the fine dry breadcrumbs.
Top Review by Chef TraceyMae
I made this for the September 2010 Aussie/Kiwi Swap. It was fast to put together and we tried it with 3 different cheeses: Mozzarella, Provolone and Pepper Jack. I also used Chef Hannath's "Sheri's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce". Scrumptious!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce (your own or store bought)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together beef, water, seasoned salt, black pepper and parsley. Shape into 4 patties, about 3/4 in thick.
- Coat both sides of patties with flour. Dip into egg, then into crumbs. Brown quickly in hot oil on both sides in skillet.
- Arrange in shallow 1/1/2-quart baking dish. Put a slice of cheese on each patty.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over patties. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake at 400° for about 25 minute Garnish with parsley.