Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is used to mix with spagetti. I learned this from my Mom.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced or chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional)
- Heat oil in pan until hot.
- Combine green peppers, onions, basil, oregano, garlic and ground beef.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, making sure that the ground beef is fully cooked.
- Once fully cooked, add ground beef to spagetti and tomato sauce of your choice, and you're done.
This was really good. I didn't add tomato sauce. My husband liked it as it was. I also added somne chinese and herb spice. Thanks for sharing.
I prepared this for supper tonight and mixed it with MizEmerilLagasse's Pasta Sauce #1 (recipe # 90414). I found that I was a little short on the sauce, so you could halve the meat or double the sauce. For the sake of time, I added 2 cups of prepared sauce (yes...from a jar). I let it simmer for about 2 hours and served it over linguini. I also served it with RitaL's French Bread with Roasted Garlic, (recipe #135619). It was excellent and my family requested that I make the combo again.
This is good! Directions were easy and clear, and I cooked it exactly as written. Perfect blend of veggies & herbs, I thought. I used Prego 3 Cheese spaghetti sauce, vermicelli pasta, and sprinkled parmesan cheese on top of the servings. Thank you for this simple to follow recipe, islandkiss23! Stacy :)