Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
I was looking for a different way to make a grilled cheese sandwich, and this is what I came up with. If you want more than one sandwich, just double the ingredients. Submitted to Zaar on December 1st 2006. Eat and enjoy!
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 teaspoon margarine, softened, divided
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 slices tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of margarine on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread, margarine side down in a small skillet.
- Place slice of cheese on bread, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Lay tomato slices on seasoned cheese, overlapping tomato slices.
- Place other slice of bread on tomato, with butter side up.
- Cook on medium high heat until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn over to brown other side.
- Remove from skillet; eat and enjoy.