Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this one in Light & Tasty. It is now a family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cover beans with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Be careful not to overcook.
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until crisp-tender; stir in the drained beans.
- Sprinkle with basil, lemon peel, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until combined.
This is a nice side dish for any meal. The seasonings were perfect and didn't overwhelm the main ingredients. I'm always looking for a good side dish that has a little twist. This will be a family favorite at our house as well.