WI Cheesehead's Note:
I'm not sure where I got this. If anyone knows, let me know and I'll give proper credit. It's really tasty, and a good substitute if you are on a no grain diet (Paleo). I used my own topping for the first try, but might try this filling next time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Grease a 12 x 14 cookie sheet (or lay piece of parchment paper on top).
- 2Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and saute until just tender, 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and continue to saute for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Take off heat and put in a small bowl. Stir in basil olives, and sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk almond flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt.
- 6In a medium bowl, whisk water and 1/4 cup of oil. Pour into dry ingredients, stirring constantly until evenly mixed. Stir in the filling.
- 7Spoon the dough onto the middle of the cookie sheet. With the back of a spoon, spread the dough until it almost reaches all four corners of the sheet. It should be about an inch thick, but no more. If it's too thick, it won't bake inside.
- 8Brush olive oil on the dough and bake for 30-35 minutes (I did it for 25), until it begins to get golden brown on top.
- 9Let cool and cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-Style Flatbread (Grain Free)
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.2
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 182.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: