Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Any lean fish will work for this recipe. Adding the tomatoes before cooking the fish causes the two flavors to meld.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sole or 1 1⁄2 lbs orange roughy or 1 1⁄2 lbs other fish
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushroom, onion, and cook until onion is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Place fish on vegetables and top with tomato slices.
- Cook on low for 12-16 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let it stand until cheese melts (about 3 minutes).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
A very nice, healthy dish! We're big cheese fans, so I used 3/4 c parmesan.