1/1 Photo of Italian-Style Enchiladas
Sue Lau's Note:
When you can't decide between Italian and Mexican, this is the choice for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3 large portabella mushroom caps
- 3 dried sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches each)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- 1Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for 30 minutes; drain.
- 2Chop; set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 4In small saucepan heat marinara sauce.
- 5Remove stem and scrape woody part from beneath mushroom caps.
- 6Chop mushrooms.
- 7In saute pan heat oil and garlic.
- 8Add mushrooms, basil, onion, and tomato and saute, cooking until tender, adding a little water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- 9When complete, drain any excess water.
- 10Allow mixture to cool slightly, then add 1/2 of the cheese and toss.
- 11Spray a 2-qt. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and spread 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce across the bottom of the dish.
- 12Divide mixture evenly among tortillas and roll up, jelly-roll style, and place seam down in the dish.
- 13Pour remaining marinara sauce over all, and top with cheese.
- 14Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is heated through.
- 15Garnish with sliced green onion (optional).
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-Style Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1308.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese