Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
When you can't decide between Italian and Mexican, this is the choice for you!
Make and share this Italian-Style Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3 large portabella mushroom caps
- 3 dried sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches each)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for 30 minutes; drain.
- Chop; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In small saucepan heat marinara sauce.
- Remove stem and scrape woody part from beneath mushroom caps.
- Chop mushrooms.
- In saute pan heat oil and garlic.
- Add mushrooms, basil, onion, and tomato and saute, cooking until tender, adding a little water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- When complete, drain any excess water.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, then add 1/2 of the cheese and toss.
- Spray a 2-qt. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and spread 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce across the bottom of the dish.
- Divide mixture evenly among tortillas and roll up, jelly-roll style, and place seam down in the dish.
- Pour remaining marinara sauce over all, and top with cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is heated through.
- Garnish with sliced green onion (optional).
These are just delicious! So quick and easy to make, with the great flavor of basil and garlic. Even though these are meatless they are very filling. I just loved these "enchiladas" - thanks for posting the recipe!