Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
Souther Living; kid favorite
- 1 large eggplant, peeled
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- Cut eggplant crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/8 inch in a heavy skillet.
- Fry eggplant in hot oil, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels, and keep warm.
- Arrange eggplant on serving platter; sprinkle evenly with cheese, and serve immediately.