Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I found the original recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook submitted by Vickie Lowe from Pennsylvania. I found I didn't have the exact ingredients, so I made a couple of substitutions and omitted a few things, and I came up with this. Posted on March 24th, 2006 (original recipe called for bone-in chops and fresh mushrooms).
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 inch (if desired you can pound to 1/2 inch thick)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used 2 4 ounce cans of mushroom stems and pieces)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced thin
- garlic powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly sprinkle each side of pork chop with garlic powder.
- In a non-stick skillet, brown chops on each side.
- Combine mushrooms and onions in crock pot.
- Add browned chops in a single layer over mushroom and onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients.
- Pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (7 hours for bone-in chops) or until meat is tender.