Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Outstanding tomato soup recipe! Very simple to make and very comforting! Great to make ahead and freeze for a sick day at home. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained or 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Combine chicken broth, onion, green bell pepper, celery, garlic powder, salt, herbs and pepper in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and heat through. Serve!
It was great,but I think my additives helped(brown rice with 1 extra can tomato sauce to add liquid for rice)+a bit of Italian Spice. Zarr's adaption of amounts was not for 8,had to double recipe.