Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a recipe from a cookbook from the Southern Saratoga County Women's Club, submitted by Helen McAuliff. This is one of those "quick, raid the fridge and pantry and throw it all in the oven and forget about it" recipes. Can't have too many of those, ever! :) I'm making this tonight.
Top Review by *Z*
This was a nice base recipe to build on. We used boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks and Leek sausage. We left the potatoes with their skins on. We also added carrots, peppers and snow peas. I would not recommend adding the snow peas at the start of the cooking time b/c they got very mushy. Maybe adding them at the end would have been much better. We were going to add onions but forgot them. I think they would have been another good addition. We used the garlic powder and oregano but also add a generous helping of Italian Seasoning. We used shredded parmesan cheese and waited til the last 15 minutes to add it so it wouldn't disappear. Very good! Very flavorful. Very easy to make. My husband did most of it by himself. I took the leftovers and made up a gravy and made it into a yummy pot pie the next day so it's versatile too!!
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 6 -7 medium potatoes, quartered
- garlic powder
- grated Italian cheese
- 1 lb Italian sausage (cut into small links)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken pieces, sausage links and quartered potatoes in large baking pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper and Italian grated cheese to taste.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer to brown chicken.