Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Again Rachael Ray has put another twist to the traditional chicken noodle soup.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat penne
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 cups parmesan pita chips
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, onion, garlic and bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add chicken stock. Bring to a boil, add the penne pasta and cook according to the package instuctions, adding the chicken pieces during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking along with the tomato sauce and both cans of beans to heat through.
- Ladle a portion of soup in a bowl and garnish with some parmesan pita chips and freshly grated parmesan cheese on the top.