Chicken livers in wine and herbs with tiny pasta. This is my favorite way to eat them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken liver, rinsed and dried
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or 3/4 cup vermouth
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or 1/2 tsp each basil and oregano, and a pinch of rosemary)
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta or 3/4 cup acini di pepe pasta or 3/4 cup other small shaped pasta
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In a skillet, heat olive oil.
- 4Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- 5Add chicken livers in a single layer and saute until firm, about 10 minutes, turning once.
- 6Add wine and seasonings.
- 7Cover and simmer on LOW heat about 5-10 minutes, or until livers are no longer pink inside.
- 8Uncover and continue to simmer until wine is reduced by half.
- 9Toss with pasta, warm through, and serve immediately with parmesan cheese if desired.
- 10(NOTE) This recipe just evolved, and I usually do not measure, so proportions are approximate.
- 11Add more or less wine if desired, and if it seems like too much pasta, then don't add it all.
- 12I'd taste it first before you add the cheese.
- 13You might like it without.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Style Chicken Livers With Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1418.6
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 1569.7 mg
- Sodium 341.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 94.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: