Recipe by teen
I have had the pleasure of dining in a fine Italian restaurant and ordering Chicken Francais. I have tried to imitate the recipe and it is just as good! If you like lemon and garlic - you have to try this one!
- 16 ounces chicken fillets (4-5 pieces)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 slices prosciutto ham (from your deli)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- margarine (to coat pan)
TO MAKE WINE SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (sometimes I use a little more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dust the chicken fillets in flour - set aside.
- Make the batter by beating the eggs briskly with fork or whisk, then beating in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, wine, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- Coat a heavy skillet with margarine or olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Dip the floured chicken generously in the batter and place in the heated skillet. Cook until golden brown on each side. Remove from pan.
- Make the wine sauce by adding the margarine, wine, and lemon juice to skillet. Stir.
- Add the three pieces of proschutto until they bubble, about 10-20 seconds. Remove and cut into pieces.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the proschutto. Cook on med heat until sauce thickens, about 10-14 minute Serve over thin spaghetti with garlic bread. MMMMMMMMMMMM.