Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful main dish salad that comes together very quickly!
Make and share this Italian-Style Chef Salad with Creamy Pesto Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise or 78.07 ml salad dressing
- 59.14 ml sour cream or 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml purchased refrigerated pesto sauce
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58-44.37 ml milk
- 1419.54 ml torn mixed greens
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese or 236.59 ml provolone cheese, cut into thin strips (4 ounces)
- 113.39 g thinly sliced fully cooked ham or 113.39 g turkey, cut into thin strips
- 56.69 g thinly sliced salami or 56.69 g prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small yellow peppers or 1 small green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 170.09 g jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- To prepare the Creamy Pesto Dressing, stir together the mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, pesto, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Stir in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make of desired consistency; set aside.
- Divide the greens among four individual salad bowls or serving plates.
- Arrange the mozzarella or provolone cheese, ham or turkey, salami or prosciutto, tomato, yellow or green pepper, onion and artichoke hearts over the greens.
- Drizzle with the Creamy Pesto Dressing.
Love the pesto dressing, didn't add any milk. The salad was good as well, nice combo.
Hard to believe I'm the first to review this undiscovered gem! This was a great tasting salad that was so easy to put together and looked impressive on the plate. I made the dressing several hours in advance and refrigerated until serving time. For the ingredients with choices listed, I used sour cream in the dressing, and mozza cheese, ham, salami and green pepper in the salad. Left out the onion.