A wonderful main dish salad that comes together very quickly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or 1/3 cup salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons purchased refrigerated pesto sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 6 cups torn mixed greens
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup provolone cheese, cut into thin strips (4 ounces)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced fully cooked ham or 4 ounces turkey, cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces thinly sliced salami or 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small yellow peppers or 1 small green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1To prepare the Creamy Pesto Dressing, stir together the mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, pesto, and garlic in a small bowl.
- 2Stir in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make of desired consistency; set aside.
- 3Divide the greens among four individual salad bowls or serving plates.
- 4Arrange the mozzarella or provolone cheese, ham or turkey, salami or prosciutto, tomato, yellow or green pepper, onion and artichoke hearts over the greens.
- 5Drizzle with the Creamy Pesto Dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-Style Chef Salad with Creamy Pesto Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 851.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: