Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I expected this to have a much stronger vinegar taste, but I was surprised to find it was really rather subtle, and just enhanced the cauliflower rather than truly flavoring it. I like to taste my veggies, and not cover them up, so you can bet I enjoyed this. From Southern Living.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Remove outer leaves and break cauliflower into flowerets.
- Arrange cauliflower in a steaming rack; place over boiling water.
- Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until it reaches the tenderness that you like.
- Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot.
- Pour this mixture over cauliflower and toss.
Easy prep. Good flavor. The balsamic vinegar colors the cauliflower brown, not very pretty but tastes great.
Delicious!! We uswd fresh yellow cauliflower from out local farmer's market and it worked well. Also wonderful cold the next day.
This made a pleasant change, as I generally only cook cauliflower in one of three ways: plain, with cheese sauce or curried. It wasn't anything spectacular (not that I expected it to be), just nice! I sprinkled a little parmesan & black pepper on, and served it with a pasta dish.