Recipe by Vino Girl
I expected this to have a much stronger vinegar taste, but I was surprised to find it was really rather subtle, and just enhanced the cauliflower rather than truly flavoring it. I like to taste my veggies, and not cover them up, so you can bet I enjoyed this. From Southern Living.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove outer leaves and break cauliflower into flowerets.
- Arrange cauliflower in a steaming rack; place over boiling water.
- Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until it reaches the tenderness that you like.
- Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot.
- Pour this mixture over cauliflower and toss.