Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Southern Living.
- 2 lbs ground chuck or 2 lbs ground round
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- tomatoes, slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- To make the Tomato-Basil Mayonnaise: process all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- To make the burgers: combine the first 8 ingredients; Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid, over med-high heat (350°-400°) 5 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.
- Spray cut sides of buns with cooking spray; place buns, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve burgers on buns with desired toppings and Tomato-Basil Mayonnaise.