1 hr 15 mins
A Julesong original. LJ entry from Thursday, December 20th, 2001, describing dinner. :) It was pretty darn tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 1 orange bell peppers or 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil (1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans or 1 (15 ounce) can fava beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black soybeans or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 lb buffalo, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- water or chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1In a bowl combine the onion, bell pepper, oregano, basil, beans, wine, and sherry. Set aside and let marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large heavy pot (I use my Le Creuset pot) heat the olive oil on medium high. Add the buffalo meat and brown well, adding the A1 sauce halfway through for flavor.
- 3Add the marinated vegetables and all remaining ingredients except the flour, cover with heavy lid, and simmer on low for 55 minutes. Add water or chicken broth/stock if needed.
- 4Sprinkle in the flour while stirring (you don’t want it to get lumpy), and cook for another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Serve with crusty bread, pasta, rice, pilaf, or potatoes. Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Style Buffalo Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (631 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 767.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce