Recipe by Always in the kitchen Connie
A simple, delicious change of pace for plain old Brussels sprouts. I usually do them in the microwave, but these can also be done by steaming, boiling, or oven roasting. Whatever way suits a person best.
Top Review by MyMagicMoo
The brussels sprouts cooked perfectly in the microwave however i found these to just be ok. I think if they maybe had something else in with them they could be really good (i just cant tell what they need tho). Thanks for posting! Made this for a Bargain Basement Tag
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean Brussels sprouts and place a small X in the bottom core of each sprout.
- Place in microwaveable bowl with a half cup of water.
- Cover and microwave 5 minutes.
- Stir and microwave another 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Place stewed tomatoes in another bowl and microwave until hot.
- Pour over cooked sprouts, and stir.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, microwave 2 minutes to heat through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.