Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really delicious. They can pretty much go with any meal. I got this recipe from the easy to bake, easy to make recipe cards.
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Combine mozzarella , basil, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Unroll dough; separate breadsticks. Cut each strip in half crosswise… (I didn’t cut them). On a lightly floured surface, with floured fingertips, twist the 2 halves together.
- Beat egg with water. Lightly brush tops of breadsticks with egg mixture. Sprinkle seasoning over breadsticks, turning to coat evenly on both sides.
- Place breadsticks on prepared baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Press down edges slightly to prevent twists from unraveling. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
This is a good recipe had it with steak soup thanks for posting it jim from tn.
These are very easy to make and are different from the usual breadsticks ~ we really liked them! I did not mix the spices and the cheese ~ after brushing the bread with the egg wash, I sprinkled with Italian seasoning and then the cheese. I served with recipe #62343 and recipe #113229. Thanks for posting!