Recipe by Cazzie
A tasty, warming, Italian beef recipe tried out on two lads coming in from a cold afternoon at footie - worked a treat! Recipe taken from the BBC's Good Food Magazine and very simple - one to keep.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g rump steak, cut into stir-fry strips
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 small rosemary sprig
- pitted black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or hob-proof casserole dish, cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes until softened and turning golden.
- Tip in the beef strips, pepper, tomatoes and rosemary, then bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until the meat is cooked through, adding some boiling water if needed (I added Passata and water).
- Stir through the olives and serve with mash or polenta. I served with tagliatelle.
- Don't forget to take out the rosemary stalks before serving!