Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni (1 cup)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- sliced fresh basil
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook ground beef and pepperoni in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Rinse and drain beef mixture.
- Sauté mushrooms and next 3 ingredients in hot oil in Dutch oven 5 minutes. Stir in beef mixture, tomato paste, and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.