1/2 Photos of Italian Style Bean Soup Mix
3 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is wonderful for gift giving. Include a packet of corn bread or muffin mix in a basket with a couple of nice soup bowls. Recipe comes from Gifts from a Jar Soups, Chiles and More.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups dried great northern beans or 1 3/4 cups dried navy beans
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes, unwrapped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1To made the mix: layer the beans in a 1 quart jar with tight-fitting lid.
- 2Combine the onion, basil, bouillon cubes, parsley, garlic and pepper in a small food storage bag; close bag.
- 3Place the seasoning bag over the beans, spreading out bag to cover beans; add pasta shells.
- 4Close jar, cover top of jar with fabric; attach gift tag with raffia or ribbon.
- 5Attached directions to preparing soup to jar.
- 7Remove the pasta and seasoning packet from jar; set aside.
- 8Place the beans in a large bowl; cover with water and soak for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- 9Drain beans; discarding the water.
- 10Combine the soaked beans, water, pasta sauce and contents of seasoning packet in Dutch oven.
- 11Bring to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
- 12Add the pasta and spinach; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 13Season to taste, serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Style Bean Soup Mix
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 416.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 13.7 g