Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a combination of recipes that results in a tasty vegan soup! Add some chopped bell peppers and/or celery to up the vegetables.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 14 ounces vegetable juice, V8 style
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups kale leaves, finely chopped (or 8 cups fresh spinach)
- chopped onion, fresh diced tomato, shredded asiago cheese
- In a large soup pot, combine all except the last ingredient and garnishes.
- Bring to boil, turn heat to low and cover for 20 minutes.
- Stir in kale or spinach and cook 5-10 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh onion, fresh diced tomato and Asiago cheese.