This is a combination of recipes that results in a tasty vegan soup! Add some chopped bell peppers and/or celery to up the vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 14 ounces vegetable juice, V8 style
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups kale leaves, finely chopped (or 8 cups fresh spinach)
- chopped onion, fresh diced tomato, shredded asiago cheese
- 1In a large soup pot, combine all except the last ingredient and garnishes.
- 2Bring to boil, turn heat to low and cover for 20 minutes.
- 3Stir in kale or spinach and cook 5-10 more minutes.
- 4Garnish with fresh onion, fresh diced tomato and Asiago cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Style Bean and Kale Soup
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 303.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 10.8 g