Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is easy and flavor packed. The recipie came from our local Food Market, Cub Foods. Even my kids, when toddlers, would beg for more - we seldom have leftovers yet if we do, I find myself heating this up for breakfast!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, drained,chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock fillets
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add basil, onion, and bell pepper and saute until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook until saucelike, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange fish in prepared dish.
- Pour sauce over.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, until fish is cooked through and top is light golden, about 25 minutes.
This recipe was great! I added mushrooms and it was very tasty. This is a keeper. Thanks!
I added some oregano. This is a great fish recipe.