Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a side dish that my mom made a lot and has been passed down.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour melted butter into a 9x13 pan.
- Line with asparagus, alternating tips.
- Sprinkle with onion, celery, cheese bread crumbs and tomatoes.
- Season with thyme, oregano, basil and salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until tender.