1 hr 5 mins
This recipe I adapted from a stuffed mushroom and another stuffed zucchini recipe. It's a great way to use those extra large zucchini that somehow appear in the garden overnight. This is not low fat, but it is totally delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Split zucchini lengthwise after cutting off the very ends.
- 2Scoop out seeds from center of zucchini allowing 1-2 inches of flesh on the outside of the "boat." (I cut a small amount off the under side of each boat to allow it to lay flat.).
- 3Place boats on large jelly roll pan. (I cover the pan with aluminum foil to make clean up easier.).
- 4In large skillet, begin browning sausage, mushrooms, and onion. When mixture is about half done, add garlic. Continue to cook until meat is cooked through.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Stir in bread crumbs, cream cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and blend well.
- 7Spoon mixture into zucchini boats.
- 8Heat in oven for 30-35 minutes or until zucchini gives easily when stuck with a fork.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and cook an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove from oven and slice to serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.4
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 1404.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.9 g