Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Need a use for those jumbo zucchini that get away from you in your garden? My mother used to hollow out the center of the jumbo zucchini that she used to grow in our garden and stuff with Italian sausage. Yum - Delicious.
- Cut out the middle section about 12 inches long, discard the rounded tip.
- Using a spoon remove the seeds from the middle section and the stem end.
- Stuff the center section first and use the remainder of the sausage in the stem end. Remove the stem.
- tip - break off about a quarter of the roll and roll between your hands until you can fit it into the Zucc hole - then press it with your fingers so that it is formed into the Zucc.
- Place zucchini in a pan, bake covered for 1 1/2 hours - drain liquid then add spaghetti sauce and bake covered at 350F for another 1/2 hour.
- Slice in 1 inch round sections and spoon on spagetti sauce.
- Serve with Parmeson Cheese.