A great way to serve up a delicious dish with healthy veggies! I know there are a lot of similar recipes out there but this stuffing does not call for rice so I thought I'd add my version. I think this dish stands great on it's own but a little side of linguine or angel hair pasta (which can be found in my recipes) might make for a more complete presentation. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs (plain or seasoned)
- 1 lb ground turkey (preferrably dark meat)
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 zucchini, ends removed and halved lengthwise
- 1 eggplant, ends removed and halved lengthwise
- 3 assorted bell peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 2Lightly drizzle ~2 tbsp olive oil into a baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together onion, parsley, egg, ketchup, salt, garlic, and black pepper.
- 4Stir in the cheese and bread crumbs.
- 5Mix in turkey until all is well combined.
- 6Cover and refrigerate.
- 7Now take your zucchini and eggplant and carefully scrape out the seeds and some of the inner flesh, creating a pocket for the stuffing while still leaving a pretty thick shell.
- 8Halve and seed the bell peppers then fill all the vegetables with the turkey mixture, mounding slightly.
- 9Arrange stuffed vegetables in the baking dish, pour marinara sauce over everything and sprinkle with some more of the grated Romano (I like to use freshly grated Parmesan).
- 10Bake uncovered about 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Vegetables (Zucchini, Bell Peppers, or Eggplants
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.5
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.1 mg
- Sodium 1584.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 33.5 g