1/1 Photo of Italian Stuffed Tomatoes
From Glamour's "How To Do Anything Better" guide, Feb. 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a medium sauce pan of salted water to a boil.
- 2Add rice and simmer over medium heat until just cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 3Rinse rice under cold water, drain well.
- 4Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Lightly coat a small baking dish with 1 tsp oil.
- 7Cut a 1/2 inch slice off top of each tomato, reserve.
- 8Scoop seeds, pulp, and juice from each tomato into a small bowl.
- 9Place hollowed tomatoes in the prepared dish.
- 10Add 2 tbsp tomato pulp to rice and toss to coat, stirring in basil, parsley, garlic, and remaining tbsp of oil.
- 11Stir in parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Spoon rice mixture into hollowed tomatoes and replace tops.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes, or until rice is heated through.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g