Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, filled with tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and fresh breadcrumbs-melt in your mouth! You may use all or just one of the vegs.
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved lenthwise
- 2 large yellow squash, halved lenthwise (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise (about 1/2 pound)
- cooking spray
- 3 ounces Italian bread
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tbls. fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 tsp. fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 375*F.
- Remove seeds and membranes from the bell pepper and discard. Carefully scoop out squash and zucchini pulp, leaving the shells intact. Finely chop pulp; set aside. Place the bell pepper halves, squash shells, and zucchini shells, cut sides up, in a 13"x9" baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Put bread in food processor; pulse until crumbs measure 1 1/2 cups(abut 10 times). Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add the chopped pulp and garlic; cook about 4 minutes or until moisture evaporates, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, pepper, and salt. Divide mixture evenly among prepared bell pepper halves, squash shells, and zucchini shells; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup cheese. Cover pan with foil, and bake at 375*F. for 40 minutes or till shells are tender.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove foil; broil 4-5 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned. Enjoy!
- Makes 8 servings.