1/3 Photos of Italian Stuffed Squid
Chef #948570's Note:
Great Italian Seafood recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium squid
- 1/4 cup Progresso Italian-style fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1Clean squid or tubes and pat dry.
- 2If using whole squid, chop tender parts of the tentacles and mix them with the bread crumbs, parsley, cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, egg and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil to make stuffing.
- 3Blend well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Spoon stuffing mixture loosely into each squid tube and close with a toothpick. Do not over stuff because the squid will shrink during cooking.
- 5Add remaining oil to skillet large enough to hold squid in a single layer.
- 6Heat oil and cook sliced garlic until golden brown. Arrange the squid in oil and brown all sides lightly.
- 7Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, rosemary, green pepper, remaining minced garlic, wine and salt and pepper to taste. Cover tightly and cook 25 to 30 minutes.
- 8Remove toothpick from squid and serve whole or sliced, alone or with pasta.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Squid
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 93.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: