Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another great luch from Crisco.com
- 1 (18 -22 ounce) round Italian bread
- 1⁄3 cup crisco canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ripe black olives
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 lb sliced salami
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄4 lb sliced pepperoni
- CUT bread in half horizontally. Scoop out bottom and top, leaving a ½-inch thick shell.
- COMBINE oil, green olives, ripe olives, parsley, oregano, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice and garlic in a medium bowl. Stir to mix well.
- SPOON half the olive mixture into the bread shell. Top with salami, cheese, roasted red peppers, pepperoni and the remaining olive mixture. Cover with bread top. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours or overnight. Cut loaf into wedges. Serve.