Recipe by Ben's Mom
A nice change from twice baked potatoes.
Top Review by Cookin'withGas
Family ate it well enough hence the 3 star rating for "liked it"...They were OK, albeit a little bland...Perhaps a dollop of a good spaghetti sauce on top would be nice...Maybe some shredded mozzarella melted on top of the dollop of spaghetti sauce would be even better! This recipe is OAMC-friendly, too...The potatoes were prepared per recipe instructions up until the potato shells were re-stuffed...Once they were re-stuffed they were flash freezed, double wrapped in plastic wrap, placed in a freezer bag and stored in the freezer for a couple days...Then they were removed from the freezer, unbagged and unwrapped, placed on a baking sheet and thawed in the fridge...Once thawed, they were placed in a 400F preheated oven for 35 minutes until the tops got toasty...Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 400 for 55-60 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, melt butter over medium-high heat in large skillet, add peppers, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When potatoes are done slice 1 inch of the top off of each potato and spoon out inside.
- Place pulp in large bowl.
- Add onion mixture, ricotta and parmesan cheese.
- Beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Spoon into potato shells and place on baking sheet for 20-30 minutes until heated through.
- These can also be made the day before and then baked a little longer.
- To freeze: Prepare through step 8 except do not bake! Place potatoes on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Wrap each potato in plastic wrap and place in a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Unwrap and thaw in fridge. Place on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.