1 hr 5 mins
An easy and savory stuffed roast that pairs well with buttered noodles and steamed vegetables. I keep a jar of sundried tomatoes in white wine, in my fridge. They are great tossed with pasta and fresh basil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, rehydrated in white wine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 lbs pork tenderloin (The loin I usually buy comes in two pieces. I butterfly both pieces and use half the filling for eac)
- kitchen twine
- garlic salt
- italian seasoning
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Line a jelly roll pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3Combine tomatoes, basil, nuts, garlic, cheese and oil in a food processor. Process until well blended and slightly chunky in texture. (Like a pesto).
- 4Blend tomato-basil mixture with ricotta cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 5Rinse the tenderloin and pat dry. Slice the loin horizontally,nearly, but not all the way through. The roast should open like a book.
- 6Pound the meat with a mallet, to an even 1/2 inch thickness. Lay the meat on three to four lengths of twine.
- 7Spread a thick layer of filling over the meat, leaving a one inch border around the edges.
- 8Starting at the long edge, roll the meat, tucking the ragged edges into the roll. Secure with twine. Place on prepared jelly roll pan.
- 9Sprinkle roast lightly with garlic salt and italian seasoning.
- 10Bake until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- 11Let rest 5-10 minutes after baking, then slice, removing the twine as you go.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.5
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 258.1 mg
- Sodium 398.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 80.2 g