Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A tempting treat on the appetizer tray: figure two or three per person. Too good for kids so don't try to coerce them into it either. More for you and me--and we know how good these can be!
- 4 bacon, slices diced
- 1 tablespoon reserved bacon grease
- 30 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup onion & garlic salad crouton, crushed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 slices thinly sliced ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a frying pan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan to a paper-towel covered plate. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease in the pan.
- While the bacon is sizzling, remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside; finely chop HALF of the stems (use remaining stems for something else).
- Add chopped stems to drippings WITH bacon; saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425*. Grease a cookie sheet; set aside,.
- Remove frying pan from heat, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Firmly stuff bacon mixture into mushroom caps; place caps on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or mushrooms are tender.