Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple to make...you can use the can bread crumbs like Pastene. You may find yourself eating these as a side but they are delicious for appetizers at a party.
- 40 -50 large mushrooms, destemmed (save stems )
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup romano cheese
- 1 cup Italian parsley
- mushroom stems
- Mix bread crumbs, garlic, cheese, parsley, and stems in a food processor.
- Set aside.
- Fry mushroom caps in olive oil on high for a very short time, until lightly browned.
- Stuff caps with bread crumb mixture, setting in a greased baking dish.
- Drizzle remaining pan oil over the stuffed caps.
- Season with salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly.
I could seriously eat about a ton of these things..I loved them!! What's not to love about this combination of ingredients...? Not only that,they're so simple to make from everyday ingredients too... Thanks Lorrie..made for 1-2-3 Hits.
Delicious! I used feta instead of romano and a few large portabella muchrooms. At first the mixture seemed really dry, but i drizzled a litle more olive oil on top before baking and they came out wonderfully.
These made a lovely side to our dinner, I used parmesan in place of romano cheese with great results, hubby thought these were great, he's the mushroom lover in our family. Thanks Lorrie!