1/1 Photo of Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
Mom would make these for special occasions and holidays. They taste good hot or at room temperature. She would make about 100 of these at a time and never measured the ingredients, so what I have here is just approximate amounts. I've given the amounts for about 36 mushrooms here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 36 mushrooms, medium sized
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs (I use Progresso)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (more if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- 2Brush off any dirt from mushrooms, remove and finely chop stems and put caps aside.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet and add chopped stems, onion, pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, about 3-5 minutes, until onions have softened.
- 4Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in bread crumbs, parmesan, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. If mixture seems a bit dry, add a little more olive oil.
- 5With your hands, fill mushroom caps with mixture. Place on oiled baking sheet with lip or jellyroll pan. Drizzle a few drops of olive oil onto each mushroom.
- 6Bake 15-20 minutes until golden and hot.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (1210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g